Project reference: Design of an offshore container for storage and transportation of drilling tools, compliant with DNV 2.7-1 requirements.
In the field of safe transportation of cargo and equipment to and from offshore installations we can provide engineering services focused on the design of cargo carrying units compliant with service in harsh environments where the lifting operations are undertaken in low temperatures down to -40ºC, strong winds up to 24 m/s, and wave heights of up to 8 meters. Such units, based upon standard or customized designs, are designed in compliance with strict rules and regulations so as to ensure safety and efficiency of operations in such harsh situations.
Besides design and engineering packages which can be used for approval and fabrication, we can provide you with additional support by outlining inspection and test plans during fabrication as well as provide you with the required technical assistance necessary to ensure that compliance with the relevant codes and standards is fully met. Please look into the different scopes of work and design packages below for additional information.
- Compliant with DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.7-1 Offshore Containers (April 2006) and No. 2.7-2 Service Containers (December 1995).
- High tensile carbon steel design, coating system compliant with Norsok M-501 and ISO 12944.
- Standard design suitable for design temperature of -20ºC, lower temperature (-40ºC) as option.
- Forklift pockets and certified lifting lugs and lifting set.
- Stackable up to two heights without requiring to detach the lifting slings.
- Internal tie down points for secure cargo fastening.
- Custom designs for special cargo or load configurations, and stable lifting arrangements.
- Custom designs including shelves, intermediate decks, workbenches, overhead / cranes, etc.
- Other dimensions and ratings upon request.
- Optional design compliant with DNV’s Standard for Certification No 2.7-3 for extended ratings up to 50 tons.